Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to drive a Frontier SV long bed, both the used and new trucks had a little yellow sticker on the door sill saying the payload is reduced an additional 198 lbs. what is this?

So does that mean that the 1047lbs on the white sticker is reduced an additional 198 to 845 lbs?

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Yes. However as many of us can attest to, its all bull. Mine had that sticker and all it had added was...... trailer hitch. The hitch does not weigh 200lbs. its a CYA thing for them so you can't sue them when you load 2000lbs of flooring into your bed to DIY the floors of your new house and drive 15mi from HD to house....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bed liner how package etc

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

One truck had the value pack(Bedliner, utilitracks, heated seats, backup cam, fogs) and one did not, same sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. However as many of us can attest to, its all bull. Mine had that sticker and all it had added was...... trailer hitch. The hitch does not weigh 200lbs. its a CYA thing for them so you can't sue them when you load 2000lbs of flooring into your bed to DIY the floors of your new house and drive 15mi from HD to house....

Why wouldn't they just do it at the factory. Every single F150 has a unique payload on the sticker based on options and gvwr. Having a 850 lb payload on the truck makes it boarderline useless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Keep in mind... If you are in a car accident and are carrying above what you're rated for, you're ****ed.

That's exactly my concern. I put a bed topper, me, my wife and the baby in the truck and there is basically nothing left.

Like why does Nissan claim the payload is 1242 on the spec sheet for a 4x4 crew SV long bed on this sheet:

http://nissannews.com/media_storage/downloads/2016_Nissan_Frontier_Crew_Cab_Specs_10-15.pdf

The truck I looked at had no options as far as I could tell besides the tow package? If that's even an option which I didn't think it was.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think part of the reduction in towing/payload capacity is due to the addition of 4WD. If I recall correctly, max capacity is only available on 2WD models. The components that make up the 4WD system add some weight to the truck.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Why wouldn't they just do it at the factory. Every single F150 has a unique payload on the sticker based on options and gvwr. Having a 850 lb payload on the truck makes it boarderline useless.

Dealer installed accessories. Tow hitch, running boards, larger rims/tires, etc. All of that junk add weight and reduces the factory payload rating.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think part of the reduction in towing/payload capacity is due to the addition of 4WD. If I recall correctly, max capacity is only available on 2WD models. The components that make up the 4WD system add some weight to the truck.

Nothing to do with truck being 4WD. My truck is 2WD and it has towing pkg and bedliner as added accessories. My 2015 Desert Runner CC also has the sticker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts