Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I just recently traded my 06 6MT Xterra off-road for an 08 Pathfinder V8. Actually, the only vehicle of the three that I haven’t owned is the Frontier! However, the mods I'm planning for my Pathfinder track a lot closer to what you all are running than the Xterra or Titan people, so I'm here to soak it in, ask a few questions from time to time, and contribute as best I can. I worked as an ASE Master tech, BMW Master and MINI technician for over ten years so I know my way around a vehicle. See you on the boards.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Looking forward to your build. I was just on line looking for a clean V8 Pathfinder from 2011-12. May try suv camping in the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planning my suspension already as the suspension on the pathfinder is shot. We have IRS out back rather than a live axle. The plan in the rear is for Armada springs, which I’ve read are good for anywhere from 2-4” of lift (shooting for 2”), with the relatively inexpensive but adjustable Rancho 9000xl shocks and timbren pads. Titan swap with tundra struts up front, and eventually some nice remote reservoir 2.5” coilovers. Trying to decide if “phase one” of the front suspension gets aftermarket UCAs or not. I’d rather not spend that money until I can utilize that travel with coilovers or a nicer strut assembly. Discussion here:
Titan swap, lift, and coil bucket contact

Other near-future plans include:
1 - cleaning it up
2 - QX56 diffs with 3.36 gears (the five speed automatic behind the VK56 with 3.36s is like running a 4L80 with 4.56s in gears 1-3!!!)
3 - headers and complete exhaust with a tune
4 - build a lower mileage motor with cams and a VK45 variable intake manifold.
5 - Build the trans when the old motor gets pulled.

Guys are running deep in the 13s with 30.5” tires, 3.36s, and that intake manifold - WITHOUT cams. I should get close to 12s on 32.6” tires and cams. That’s screaming in an suv. May have to upgrade to the late-model Titan/Armada brakes if it can move that quick!

I do all of my work myself, which allows for a lot of headroom in the budget. Unfortunately, my budget is in limbo at the moment as I have to sell two other project cars to finance the Pathfinder. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

One of the projects I need to sell. 90 VW Golf with a 2.0 block, coilovers, manual steering conversion, battery relocation, all new chassis parts, stereo, funky Jetta seats, etc... I’ve built a ton of these guys and love them but they’re just fun - not practical in many ways - as I don’t commute much, especially since the virus popped off and I’m working from home. Behind it is the Benz I need to sell but that ones just a flip. Should net me $8-10k to play with, between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts