Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 crew cab there is like a handle on the seat next to the head rest only on the pass. side anyone know what thats for? Also am looking for the name of the plastic trim along the bed rails or sides

·
Registered
374 Posts
Pull up on it. Im guessing its carryed over into the 4 doors trucks but it seems to be ment to get into a ext cab. It folds the seat foward.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Pull up on that handle and then pull up on the back adjustment handle on the side, the seat will fold down flat. After that it makes a great resting spot for my laptop.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the input guys it does do the seat flat forward. Kinda cool. Just ot the truck havent had time to play yet. As for the plastic bed protectors any idea on a part number or name. Previous owner did not like the tie down system so he cut holes thru the bed and plastic protectors.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for the input guys it does do the seat flat forward. Kinda cool. Just ot the truck havent had time to play yet. As for the plastic bed protectors any idea on a part number or name. Previous owner did not like the tie down system so he cut holes thru the bed and plastic protectors.
They are called bed rail caps or covers. You might want to get the part# from the dealer, depending on the size of your truck bed. I believe they are about 85.00 for a set. They are held on by 2 sided tape. When your ready to change them, just peel the old ones off. Clean the surface and install the new ones. Or you could just put tie downs in the holes or cleats and live with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are called bed rail caps or covers. You might want to get the part# from the dealer, depending on the size of your truck bed. I believe they are about 85.00 for a set. They are held on by 2 sided tape. When your ready to change them, just peel the old ones off. Clean the surface and install the new ones. Or you could just put tie downs in the holes or cleats and live with it.
Thanks the tie downs are kinda ugly. Also i wanna add a folding toneu (whatever) and there in the way but i wanna cover the hole so it does not rust the bed. Thanks everyone i appreciate the info.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
wow the previous owner sounds like a moron. good luck in solving your problems. you can also spray some rust preventative into the hole for protection. cuz even if you cover them up moisture still gets in there and can do damage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He was 60 so its ok. But instead of 1/4 inch holes he cut 1 x 3 holes im gonna sand and primer and seal then put new caps and the cover should be okay then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts