Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to reinstall the trim pieces around the cabin fuse box after hardwiring my radar detector and dash cam.
I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get this clip to install in the clip holder. If it doesn't clip in, the dash is uneven.

Anyone know the trick, or have any tips?
TIA for any help!

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
that tab in the first photo is bent down 90-degrees, probably got smashed the first time you tried re-installing it. Bend it back up flat so the metal clip can pop into the dashboard.

·
Super Moderator
10,407 Posts
Looking at the first photo the other clip with the screw through it i'm thinking that screw should be removed to remove and reinstall the assembly aside from the issue you're having with the circled clip. The hole it goes into looks fairly beat up.
Let us know how you made out with this.

Clint

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
that tab in the first photo is bent down 90-degrees, probably got smashed the first time you tried re-installing it. Bend it back up flat so the metal clip can pop into the dashboard.
This. From spending the last couple months tearing my dash apart multiple times I can vouch that the tab is not positioned correctly. Bend it back...carefully...and it should pop straight in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts