Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, so a little while back i hit a deer and damaged the hood, bumper and a couple of other things, i am having a hard time finding a bumper cover that has the attachment points for the fender flares, so i am looking for a parts truck just to grab some stuff and i have found one so far, its a 4x4 king cab and was wondering if it was possible if i were to get it that is, to move the 4x4 stuff from the king cab to my crew cab? and any other parts i should keep?

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
The front of the trucks should be the same as far as the body. As to what to keep, that depends on how much you can store. What I'm finding is that a lot of parts are starting to go to obsolescence, especially when it comes to interior pieces and trim, weather seals around the doors, certain molded hoses in the engine compartment, like those for the secondary air system.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I remember reading threads years ago about folks doing the 4wd conversion to Desert Runners. From what I remember it was pretty straight forward on those since the DRs had the same frame and suspension parts minus the actual 4wd hardware; think of it as if you had a 4wd from the factory and unbolted the 4wd stuff.

I don't think the normal 2wd trucks would be quite as simple to convert. You may be missing brackets or features on your frame that are not easily added and the front suspension parts do not swap. You would likely be looking at a lot of work and some custom stuff to get it all in there. If it has ever been done, it hasn't been documented here (to my knowledge.)

If you plan on keeping the truck for a long time keep everything you have the room for.

·
Registered
337 Posts
currently i am still looking for either a parts truck or the parts but i cannot find the right bumper cover any where
You might try CarParts.com I've picked up a couple of smaller items from them. I think I got my cup holders, for the center console, from them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.