Nissan Frontier Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Will an

Will the 03 pathfinder transmission go in a 98 pathfinder
Couldn't tell you for sure, I'd think not but i have heard the trans will mount up. They may use the same transmission but idk. Not sure what shifting issues you could run into also. The harness for the Transmission could be completely different also. Different pinout or just different harness all together.

The 03 has the VQ35 engine and the 98 has the VG33 engine

According to sTeVeXNYCPerformance on YouTube, the VG33 trans will mount up to the VQ35. So either trans should mount up to either engine.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Will an

Will the 03 pathfinder transmission go in a 98 pathfinder
R50 Pathfinder production dates 10/1995-12/1998 used the same automatic transmission.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
2005-2019 Frontiers and 2005-2007 Pathfinders all used the same hoods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can fit any engine in anything if you try hard enough but the 3.5 out of a Pathfinder is not a direct swap. It is a VG series engine (VG33 and VG35) but i don't think it will bolt up to our transmissions and then there is the little issue with the engine harness and ECU. I know a guy that built his 3.3 to a 3.5 and I am pretty sure he had more power than a stock 3.5 so there are other options if you want to upgrade your engine to that degree.

Yup, now you know why I did it. Also why my truck is not finished as I have more time than money. When people ask about it I say its a modified Xterra and some people believe it:nana:
I have a question for you oh, I'm trying to wire in the plugs from a 2000 Nissan frontier cluster to my 98 frontier wiring harness. Can you help me out with that?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was wondering if a 2002 xterra passanger side front door will fit my 1999 extended cab frontier. I have checked a few parts exchange and they don't have anything fitting my frontier past a 2000.
If you are still looking for a door I have driver and passenger door from a 99 frontier king cab

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you interchange headlights between a 99 Nissan frontier and anything between an 04 looking to upgrade my lights and can’t find anything that matches my search for a 2000 Nissan frontier headlights it just comes up with the stock ones. Witch I would lick to upgrade

·
Registered
783 Posts
No, in 2001 the Frontier got a facelift. 01-04 Headlights will not work. You can do a custom upgrade on your headlights tho and covert them to projector style with HID's or LED's

Below Is Info On How To Upgrade The Headlights For The Early 1st Gen Frontier / Xterra

Read These Threads Here:

Heres Another One I Had Saved. Its For a 1.5 Gen Xterra But Same Principal Applies

This Place Here Has Some Nice Kits To Do A Retrofit:

And This Guy Here Made A Video of "How To" Do It

You'd Be Surprised What Some Good LED's In Our Stock Assemblies Can Do Though. Check Out My Thread Below:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Headlights from a 2000 Nissan frontier to anything above that I’m looking to upgrade my lights but can’t find anything that will fit a 2000 other than stock lights

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headlights from a 2000 Nissan frontier to anything above that I’m looking to upgrade my lights but can’t find anything that will fit a 2000 other than stock lights
I have a 2017 frontier and I need a diver door diver side fender bumper and grill what other cars can I get these from please help if any one knows

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,375 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
2013-2019 Frontier and 2013-2015 Xterra on the door...but they were "with" and "without" holes for the body side mouldings.
If you have a plastic bumper cover, 2009-2019 Frontier.
If you have a chrome bumper, the lower part was 2005-2019 and the upper part is 2009-2019.
For used parts, try Car-part.com

81 - 96 of 96 Posts