Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yeah, my Fronty likes to eat belts every couple years; it's been doing that since new, too. Back when it was under warranty I had a bunch of work done, mostly tensioners that were replaced, but the only thing that makes them quiet is a new belt. I especially get a rhythmic whine when I have the headlights on, sitting at a stoplight, and a turn signal going. When the signal is illuminated, I get the slight whine, and when it's dark, the whine goes away. Another solution is putting belt dressing on them, but it lasts for a thousand miles or two then starts up again.
Which belts are you talking about, the timing or the accessories? If you are eating belts something is wrong. and the pullies are not aligned. you can check alignment with a laser light. I've never heard issues with people having Frontier eating belts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whoops, let me clarify... it's the accessory belts (I have the 4-cyl w/timing chain), and I was using "eats" facetiously. I get them replaced every couple years; consider it part of the truck's quirks since I've had the pulleys, etc checked every time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
139,000 and counting!

no major issues thus far. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here is a picture of my 2001 Nissan SE taken last weekend. Two weeks after it turned over 280,000 miles.

I should have 300,000 on mine in about a year from now. Thinking about sending Nissan a letter when it happens.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is a picture of my 2001 Nissan SE taken last weekend. Two weeks after it turned over 280,000 miles.

I should have 300,000 on mine in about a year from now. Thinking about sending Nissan a letter when it happens.

hey congrats man! gotta love a nissan! mine is now currently at 103,500, far from 280k lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
i know this is for 100k but i just recently turned over to 200k miles on my truck and except for some damage shown in pictures in other threads its running great!

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is mine taken 3 years ago. Still looks about the same. Currently 370,000 +

That is awesome!

Any major engine work or driveline work needed?

FWIW, the most I've seen on a Nissan truck was a 2000 model year Pathfinder 5spd 4x4 we had in the family. It was bought new and got beyond repair around 2014 with ~260K miles on it. It did need a clutch and maybe a slave cylinder around 200K due to how it was being used at the time. IIRC, it had a burnt exhaust valve(s), causing such a misfire it would barely run.

In terms of Frontiers, my FIL has a 2013 CC, 4x4 auto with ~90K on it. Runs, drives and rides new.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Closing in on 160,000, looking forward to the 200,000 mile club!

·
Registered
478 Posts
That is awesome!

Any major engine work or driveline work needed?

FWIW, the most I've seen on a Nissan truck was a 2000 model year Pathfinder 5spd 4x4 we had in the family. It was bought new and got beyond repair around 2014 with ~260K miles on it. It did need a clutch and maybe a slave cylinder around 200K due to how it was being used at the time. IIRC, it had a burnt exhaust valve(s), causing such a misfire it would barely run.

In terms of Frontiers, my FIL has a 2013 CC, 4x4 auto with ~90K on it. Runs, drives and rides new.
No engine work done. No Transmission work done.

No pedal to the metal or nascar-ing around curves etc.

Should be at 371,000 miles soon. :nerd:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts