Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my o1 frontier the parking brake light is on constantly. When i release the brake it stays on. Ive tried to push on the sensor under the dash to see if its not being pushed in all the way in order to turn the light off and that still didn't work. What else could it be or what could i try. In utah, it will not pass safety inspection this way. Please help as my registration is past due and i need this truck for work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Typically, the "brake" light that illuminates when the parking brake is on will also illuminate to tell you there is something wrong with the braking system. Your issue probably has nothing to do with the parking brake. Start by checking the brake fluid level, and work your way up.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
A lot of times it's a problem with the Anti- Lock system.
The truck has an ABS light for ABS issues.

Check your brake fluid level.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
When it's low on fluid, shouldn't you find out where the flluid went?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
thats insane! these trucks are smart. lol i never woulda guessed the 3rd brake would come on if your fluid is low

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
thats insane! these trucks are smart. lol i never woulda guessed the 3rd brake would come on if your fluid is low
^---I believe he's referring to the light on the dash.

And yes, it's probably due to low brake fluid if I were to guess.
And to answer another question above, brake fluid doesn't have to be leaking to be low.
When your shoes or pads wear down the brake fluid level will drop (in the reservoir).
It's the same amount of brake fluid present, just more volume in the brake lines/system because the shoes and/or pads are thin.

·
Registered
204 Posts
electrical tape over light pretty much fixes everything.
It would fix the annoyance of the light, but if they hookup to the OBDII during inspection - it would probably show a code, which is triggering the brake light.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
:comphead:lol parking brake, DUH haha i feel like a moron. idk why i had 3rd brake in my head

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
When it's low on fluid, shouldn't you find out where the flluid went?
As the pads wear, reservoir levels drop as there is more capacity to be filled in the caliper pistons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts