Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 SV
Feeling pretty stupid now...I removed the 1 switch panel below the heater controls to replace it with a 5 switch panel (thanks to the posts that supplied the part numbers). I cannot see how to remove the two 12 volt outlets to put them in the new panel.
Any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
I used needle-nosed pliers that happened to have the right length to get each tip onto those square tab-thingies. Took 3 seconds total. You can also try pushing the 12v assembly from the rear of the panel at an angle, one half of the outlet will pop out, then you just put some muscle into getting the other half to pop out (what I did to the first one before discovering the needle-nosed plier trick)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Figured it out

Thanks for the reply...

I figured it out. There are two ways to remove the 12 volt outlets. If you look down the tube of the metal part of the outlet, there are two small square holes about 3/4" from the opening. There are two black plastic tabs in those holes that are part of the black plastic support bracket that holds the outlet in the panel. If you push on both tabs, the metal outlet releases and comes out. The black plastic bracket then comes out easily.

You can also force the entire outlet without removing the metal center of the outlet.

I did one each way...glad I didn't break anything.

Thanks again for the help.

Thanks Raine...I was replying when you wrote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts