Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking about stopping at lowes and picking up the same toolbox that pensi picked up. its nice simple and fricken cheap. only problem is i wantblack and it doesnt come in it so im thinking about painting it black.

how would i go about making a durable paint job that looks like the tolbox came that way?

some of you might think this is stupi but i dont care

thank you
grant

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see but im looking for the tool box to look similar to my rims i just want to a black. idk if i should go with gloss or semi gloss black.

i guess i should clarify a little im just wondering what i should do in terms of prep paint and then like a top coat?

thanks tho jeff i was actually thinking about buy a can of like that 3m rubberized undercoat spray stuff and doing the inside of the box with that maybe make it quieter if i have loose tools in there

thanks

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Lots of thin coats w/progressively finer sanding between always worked for me.
By thin I mean 4 coats or so before you start to get full coverage.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
drove to a shop and dished out cash ha hows that
Are you for real? I just hope that they scuffed the surface first, then use a self-etching primer and then sprayed it down with some color and maybe a clear coat or two to finish.

I saw a couple of boxes here in Florida where the proper procedure was not followed and it all started to flake off.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was getting work done on my truck and saw that they had a paint bothi have had himm do work before and there is always these sweet muscle cars there getting work and paint jobs done. the tool box looks like it came black i have no doubt in my mind that they did the proper procedures for prep pain and finish

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I painted my toolbox, only it s too heavy to put in and out of the truck

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts