Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll hopefully have my front and rear Shrockworks bumpers in a few weeks and am leaning towards getting them painted to match my truck's color (radiant silver). I've seen pictures of painted Shrockworks bumpers installed on other vehicles, but am having trouble finding any painted ones installed on a Frontier, particularly a silver one. Anyone here had theirs painted to match the rest of their truck? How is the paint holding up?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've seen a few, and they generally look great at first, i'll see if i can find the pics. However, most people paint them black because scratches are less noticeable, and black is easy to touch up.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Do you plan on running off-road much? If so maybe tell us what type, I.e. forestry trails, rock hopping, mud and sand, etc.

My Shrockworks front bumper came black powder coated.... I have already touched up a bunch of scratches from using it off road. And my use is nothing close to the hardcore type.

I'm sure matching the body color would look good, but it might result in a lot of touch up

Just my2 cents worth

Reactions: mv213

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen a few, and they generally look great at first, i'll see if i can find the pics. However, most people paint them black because scratches are less noticeable, and black is easy to touch up.
Do you plan on running off-road much? If so maybe tell us what type, I.e. forestry trails, rock hopping, mud and sand, etc.

My Shrockworks front bumper came black powder coated.... I have already touched up a bunch of scratches from using it off road. And my use is nothing close to the hardcore type.

I'm sure matching the body color would look good, but it might result in a lot of touch up

Just my2 cents worth
Excellent point about scratches and whatnot. Truck doesn't get much off road time and whenever it does, it's mostly gravel roads.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got my bumpers on. Don't mind how the rear bumper looks, but I'm not too crazy about the front. I should have gotten them powder coated in gray. Oh well! I'll have them painted at some point or maybe take a stab at doing it myself.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Finally got my bumpers on. Don't mind how the rear bumper looks, but I'm not too crazy about the front. I should have gotten them powder coated in gray. Oh well! I'll have them painted at some point or maybe take a stab at doing it myself.

I think you're obligated to post pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts