Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Write Up
I thought I would share how I got the painted pinstripes off my truck. For some reason I never actually noticed them. But then I realized on the left side they only went to the end of the cab, and on the right side they went to the end of the bed. OCD kicked in, so I decided to just take them off completely. It took about 2 1/2 hours to remove.

Supplies:
2 bottles of Goof Off (GO)
Roll of paper towels
A wet micro cloth
Spray on Wax
Dry micro cloth
Gloves

When I started I was using a dry cloth with the GO, but it was leaving little scratches so I switched over to paper towels. I would fold them up then put the GO on and would rub in circles one direction then in the opposite. I was wearing some nitrile gloves that I had from work and it ate right through them (not sure how many times I changed them).

After wiping it would leave a white film so I used the wet cloth to clean that up after and then move on to the next section. After I finished each side I applied the wax and wiped until dry.

I think it came out pretty good! I liked the little Nissan emblem so I am going to keep that for now. But maybe one day will remove it. Also truck is very dirty.

Before

After

·
Read Only
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did this on a 6 year old truck? How does the paint underneath the pinstripes look (in person). I hate the pinstripes on mine but figured the paint underneath would be darker.
I checked and from far away you can't tell at all. Up close and in the shade you can see where they lines where. On the other side up close and in the sun I had to move to different angles to see where they were. But directly in front and in the sun made them harder to find.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
this are painted on
not vinyl crap?

I am surprised the GOO Gone took them off, but glad to hear it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts