Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SINCE THE BODYSHOP I WORK IN IS PAINTING THE BEDSIDE ON MY '06 I GOT THEM TO PAINT MY ENGINE COVER TOO. I'LL TRY TO GET SOME PICS POSTED. IT SUCKS THOUGH BECAUSE OF THE TEXTURE ON IT...THE PAINTER CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT IT WON'T CRACK OR PEEL, EVEN THOUGH HE WILL USE ADHESION PROMOTER AND IT WILL STILL HAVE THE TEXTURE...I GUESS ICAN'T COMPLAIN THOUGH 'CAUSE THEY ARE DOIN EVERYTHING FOR FREE!!

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
If he preps it correctly and uses a high-temp paint it wont crack. I'm not sure about the normal paint though. It should still be okay for a while. Post pics when its done

·
Registered
368 Posts
PORKCHOP said:
SINCE THE BODYSHOP I WORK IN IS PAINTING THE BEDSIDE ON MY '06 I GOT THEM TO PAINT MY ENGINE COVER TOO. I'LL TRY TO GET SOME PICS POSTED. IT SUCKS THOUGH BECAUSE OF THE TEXTURE ON IT...THE PAINTER CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT IT WON'T CRACK OR PEEL, EVEN THOUGH HE WILL USE ADHESION PROMOTER AND IT WILL STILL HAVE THE TEXTURE...I GUESS ICAN'T COMPLAIN THOUGH 'CAUSE THEY ARE DOIN EVERYTHING FOR FREE!!
You do know typing all caps is considered yelling right?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Binford --- be nice , maybe he is partially deaf.

anyway pics would be great.
I saw a titan owner do this and it looked great.

·
Registered
368 Posts
A freind of mine has a Magnum he's been modding, and he had the engine cover painted by the guy who does custom work for the show American Choppers, with lightning bolts and stuff all over it... looks frikkin amazing... I'll see if he has a pic and post it if so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about that....everything we do here at work has to be typed all caps and when i go online i forget to take it off...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I had the saddlebags on my R1150RT painted and the paint came out with a smooth high gloss finish. They had as much texture as the engine covers so if they do it right it should come out smooth.

If they cannot do it right I would take it to a shop that can do it right even if I had to pay for it myself.

OkieScot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts