Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got my paperwork in on Friday to take Nissan Aus to the NSW Office of Fair Trading Tribunal

Have asked for the following costs to be paid in full by Nissan Australia
Full respray of all paint surfaces
Hire of a Patrol for 6 weeks while work gets done
New Tailgate
Extended warranty
payment for costs of fuel to get to tribunal and days wages etc

Lets just say someone at Nissan is gunna crap themselves when they see the total amount .
Maybe now they might realise I will not be just going away and stop bugging them as they hope

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good luck on this issue. I recently had my passenger side repainted due to a rollover, i understand the quality will never match the original but to physically see flaws in the paint is unacceptable and 3 paint jobs later and alot of phonecalls I got my baby back, and looks like new. Fight man! Fight.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well when your in the right you have to fight.I have given Nissan every chance to do the right thing which they havent.Now its my turn !

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That's BS man! Hope they get their crap together. I know they deal with a lot of claims but if it keeps them out of the mud and you still a customer what the hell is their problem.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it all comes down to the fact they tried to pass off a sub standard job as a warranty repair. They know damm well that have done wrong but because they have spent so much money so far they are trying to fob me off so I give up and go away
Think again Nissan. I bought a new truck to get a good quality paint job. Trying to give me a less than new car quality just wont work.

·
Registered
226 Posts
keep up them til they fix it,and look on the bright side-my paint is falling off by itself at least yours is still holding on the metal .

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i'm still with ya aussie, hope you get it all resolved my friend

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hows this then
I paid for everything to lodge the complaint on friday and have the receipt. I get a letter in the mail today asking for payment . MMMM fun times ahead me finks

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok the date is set for the tribunal hearing
may 13th at 9:30 am at Moss Vale Court House

means an early start but hey its going to be worth it

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i have zero sympathy for that dealership and N-AUS at this point...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok the date is set for the tribunal hearing
may 13th at 9:30 am at Moss Vale Court House

means an early start but hey its going to be worth it
Hope it all goes well Paul.......reckon the judge should at the very least give you a gong for tenacity!

Oh.....and a new paint job as well of course :)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealership I have been dealing with Lennock motors Canberra has been great actually and have been trying very hard to help me out. Its Nissan Aus being the pain.
hey if I get things my way you will hear my woohoo allthe way from Moss Vale to Qbyan lol

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok latest news
due to the fact the hearing is more than 200kms from home the tribunal has agreed to a phone hook up
got notification today that Nissan wishes to bring Legal representation.
no thanks Im fine lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
i dont know why they are draging it out,there is only one logical outcome.but your going to court and they dont do logic

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I heard from friends that wanting legal reps there is a standard game the manufacturers play in this situation
They still want to hope I am going to go away

Oh yeah I have pics from another truck , blue in colour , with paint peeling from the roof gutter and Nissan paid up straight away to repaint it

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have pics from another forum where the paint is delaminating so its obviously a huge problem

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
So after all this are you going to buy another Nissan? I would be pissed! It shows how much they want to keep a customer.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts