Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to remove the bedliner and coat the bed directly. I just want to repaint the original Nissan bedliner which has become crappy looking.

I have a tonneau so water won't get in there.

I know Krylon makes a paint that's supposed to fuse with plastic. Anyone used this and is it worth a try or am I better off not bothering?

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you didn't use your bed, it would probably look good for a while. Just think that when anything touched it, it would chip. But then it's only a 7$ touch up. I also had a tonneau cover, and would recommend taking the liner out for a bed inspection, I had some repairs that had to be made. This summer the bed will come off to fix rust issues underneath. Nothing horribly bad but still needs to be addressed. One other thing the Krylon works pretty good, but don't try to change colors. It takes to much to be cost effective.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I don't want to remove the bedliner and coat the bed directly. I just want to repaint the original Nissan bedliner which has become crappy looking.

I have a tonneau so water won't get in there.

I know Krylon makes a paint that's supposed to fuse with plastic. Anyone used this and is it worth a try or am I better off not bothering?
How is it "crappy looking"? Is it faded or discolored? Mine has been under a tonneau cover since new. All it has are some gouges and scrapes, but nothing paint would help. Everything else has cleaned off very well.

If it is faded or discolored, you may want to give a heat gun a try. I did that on my rear bumper plastic and bed rails and was amazed at how it darkened and smoothed out discolorations. Just don't stay on one spot for too long or you can melt it. Another thing is, it faded again quickly, but with protection from a tonneau, it might last on the bed liner; assuming it works on bed liner plastic.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I used Krylon Fusion on the plastic parts over and under the front bumper on my '88 Mazda truck a few years ago, it has held up pretty well. I don't know what type of plastic those pieces were or your bedliner is though.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I bet if you pull that bedliner to inspect your bed you will quickly change your mind. I'd suggest doing that as a first step.....

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I see paint rubbing off onto whatever you put in the bed after you paint the liner. Krylon may stick to the plastic well but it's not a durable paint.

·
Registered
305 Posts
A gallon of ArmorAll..... and a paint brush. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would pull the liner and do Herculiner. This is what my bed looks like after a $65 herculiner job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently painted all my trim and bumpers including the bedliner. I used Duplicolor Bumper and Trim paint.
I am happy with the results

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've been using Dupli-Color Bed Armor on some parts (but not the bed). It adheres very well and dries to a medium course texture. Think textured paint more than bed liner. So far, I'm liking it.

At $13 a can it might be a little spendy to do the entire bed though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts