Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a Dr Colorchip kit for the QAK white body, have a couple chips on grill and want to get that paint too.

Does anyone know, is it just the regular KH3 Black?

Going to the dealership today but have a feeling I'll get the standard "I'm not sure about that".

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
329 Posts
It has to be the same as the black you would get if you bought a black truck- Magnetic Black Pearl. I can't imagine they would use another black....

·
Registered
2020 SV Crew
103 Posts
No, I don't think it is pearl, just plain black like the wheels. Just get a black paint pen at a hobby store and you will be fine.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier CC Midnight Edition 4x4
172 Posts
Does anyone know, is it just the regular KH3 Black?
I have a black (Magnetic Black Perl) 2020 Midnight Edition. I honestly thought the grill matched the body color but its definitely different. Take a look at the picture below which I took. Top half is the hood and bottom is the grill. The grill is definitely black.

Rectangle Sky Automotive exterior Astronomical object Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
329 Posts
I have a black (Magnetic Black Perl) 2020 Midnight Edition. I honestly thought the grill matched the body color but its definitely different. Take a look at the picture below which I took. Top half is the hood and bottom is the grill. The grill is definitely black.

View attachment 335716
H that is silly. Why would they do that??? Glad I went with Gun instead of black.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier CC Midnight Edition 4x4
172 Posts
H that is silly. Why would they do that??? Glad I went with Gun instead of black.
The flash on the camera really brought out the "perl" in the paint. But under natural light its not that dramatic. You can still kinda make it out in the top photo, but step away a few inches and you really can't tell. I think Nissan picked a nice black for the body, but it's hard to beat the look of the Gun Metal midnight edition. The grey with black accents does look fantastic.

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Cloud

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Cloud

1 - 6 of 6 Posts