Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ahve the same problem with my 370z...Nissan's paint just seems to chip really easy!

I got out of my truck today, and there was a chip that was obviously from my shoe bumping the door jamb, as a rock couldn't have done it. Never would have expected that :(

Nuts!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
no matter what vehicle you drive, you wont be able to get away from rock chips. there coulda been a rock jammed in there causing the chip. i doubt it that shitty and flakes off with a shoe.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you could see where it is, you'd agree.

Let me see if I can draw it...(and it'll stick)

Code:
      ___
  c__{   |
__|
\
Bad ASCII - but you shoudl be able to get the point. The \ is the outside, visible part under the door, when the door is closed. The _| part above that appears to be where teh door-side gasket touches. the C marks the chip location. The { denotes the interior gasket, which above that is the upper moulding into the cab.

So, with that, and it being on the corner (not either flat surface), there's not a way that it would have happened with it being a rock stuck in there...

My 370z chips VERY easily. So, it's a disappointment with the Frontier, but, truth be told, not totally unexpected that it chips as easily.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I got tons of chips in my frontier, my acura gsr that has had a paint job doesnt have not one rock chip and its over 3 times as old. I agree my frontier paint job sucks big big time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got tons of chips in my frontier, my acura gsr that has had a paint job doesnt have not one rock chip and its over 3 times as old. I agree my frontier paint job sucks big big time.
I'm thinking it's a nissan thing. but, then again, I didn't buy THIS nissan for the paint...just I don't think I'm wrong to think that it should (have) be(en) more substantial...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree and I think most here would agree, the paint on these trucks suck! But I dont think anyone here bought it for the paint, it's just too bad that you spend this kind of money and it has to break down so easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts