Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed that I am gathering a collection of stone chips around the rear wheel wells, I do not want to add fender flairs but is there a fender lip liner/cover trim to better protect the lip on the inside of the rear fenders? The paint overall seams very thin and I am getting lots and lots of stone chips all over. At this point I'm getting tempted to cover the lip and up onto the fenders a bit with a bed coating type material but if there is another product out there I'm unaware of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you had a nice new fresh surface you could get clear vinyl to wrap, but since there is character now it's up to you

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think all the Frontier owners suffer from pain chips at the fenders, particularly that rear fender flare. I sprayed a clear duracoat bedlinder/rockguard type product on it and that seems to work fairly well, or at least mask new spots. I also have numerous times touched up areas with matching paint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a local bedliner company here that does everything from full body bedlining to just rocker guards to any combination you want.

I'm going to get a quote to do around the fender flare area with black bedliner (mine is a Glacier White so should give the appearance of a bushwacker, without the external expansion), and along the bottom edge....I'm hoping the $$ is low enough to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
YEGFrontier
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing