Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck in March of 2008, its black and I noticed today that when washing it, and then more later on when waxing that there are spots on my hood where the paint is starting to "bubble". It doesn't flex or anything, but it appears that the clear coat may be gone on the worst spot, as when I was washing it it was sticky, almost like gum or tar. I called the dealer and asked about any kind of warranty on the paint and they just told me to bring it by their body shop on Monday. I am really hoping that they will fix the issue and not tell me that its too bad and to deal with it. I am also hoping that it is confined to just the hood and not the rest of the truck. I will post back Monday when I find out what they will or won't do for me.

dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking too. When it goes in I have a list of things to get done as well, Air bag recall, and they lost my key to my wheels, so they are going to swap out the wheel locks for me.

Dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went out to double check to make sure, but it is not tree sap. I just waxed it today and and it is perfectly smooth, just feels raised up in the two spots. It almost looks like there was something on the hood when it was painted.

Dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealership took some pictures and is putting in a claim to Nissan, so I will have to wait to here back from them to see what they are going to do. But the truck goes in Thursday for the recall and have the wheel locks swapped out.

Dan

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Good deal. I don't see them having a problem with it as new as your truck is.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just figured I'd update this, still has not been fixed, dealerships says they are waiting for nissan to get back to them. Its been almost six months, there is no way this should take this long. I am on the phone with Nissan Consumer Affairs. They have opened up a claim file, and I should be hearing back from the dealership or a regional representative by the end of the day tomorrow. I am getting fed up with this dealership, and they will no longer be getting my vehicles serviced by them.
Dan

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I know my claim took forever, I can't remember exactly how long but it was months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts