Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this very odd area on my truck. It only shows up when the sunlight is directly on it and you're looking at it at just the right angle. I know it's not a reflection. It's almost like a doughnut. There's an outer ring and a spot in the center that looks like a smudge but it's clearly in the paint or something on it that will not wipe off. This is all most noticeable right after washing it.

The area circled in red is the area in question. Anyone else ever have this or see this on another vehicle? I noticed it a month or so ago after I washed it. It only shows in direct sunlight which is why it was hard to get a picture of.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first thought was a plunger actually. I have never had a dent pulled out there so if that's what it is then it was done prior to me buying it... Which would be real shady since I got the thing brand new, meaning it had a dent on it at delivery to the dealer and they had it taken out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dealerships are shady MOFO's......My dad is a car salesman, and I've seen him pull some crazy **** you wouldn't believe.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My first thought was a plunger actually. I have never had a dent pulled out there so if that's what it is then it was done prior to me buying it... Which would be real shady since I got the thing brand new, meaning it had a dent on it at delivery to the dealer and they had it taken out.
Stranger things have happened and that's a very vulnerable part of the body.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Do Not try to rub/buff it out yourself! If it is from suction dent removal, pushing on it will just pop it back in, and they will say it's your fault.
New Truck bumper to bumper.. B*tch to the dealer till' you are satisfied!

On a lesser note: a shrub will help hide it for you after wheeling. J/K.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do Not try to rub/buff it out yourself! If it is from suction dent removal, pushing on it will just pop it back in, and they will say it's your fault.
New Truck bumper to bumper.. B*tch to the dealer till' you are satisfied!

On a lesser note: a shrub will help hide it for you after wheeling. J/K.
LOL, I know about the shrub method. There's a few scratches there from trail riding mowing through the brush. I'm going to talk to the dealer about it which brings me to the next question. The dealer I bought it from is about an hour or so away and is not the dealer I use when I need something. Should I take it back to dealer I purchased it at or see if my local dealer can do something about it? It does carry the bumper to bumper warranty so anything that would be a factory mistake is covered, but since I've had it since April I can easily see them trying to pass this off as something I did anyways.

EDIT: Assuming Nissan just tells me to screw off, is there anything I can do that might help it out? Or should I just get used to seeing it when it's clean... Maybe not wash it? LOL...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If it's actually from dent removal it's prolly a pretty risky task to buff it.. The guy who did it woulda, coulda, shoulda, used a rag and some swirl remover if it wasn't.

G/L!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's actually from dent removal it's prolly a pretty risky task to buff it.. The guy who did it woulda, coulda, shoulda, used a rag and some swirl remover if it wasn't.

G/L!
Thanks... I contacted the dealer I bought it from... Waiting for a reply. I'm thinking I'm going to have to learn to live with it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My neighbor has a Colors on Parade Franchise. That's all most of his work fixing new cars damaged in transport from factory to dealers. Some times he repaints body panels or bumpers or whatever he calls it a blend job. Make it look like all new from the factory.

Never take delivery of a new vehicle at night!! All ways go over new vehicle with fine tooth comb.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My neighbor has a Colors on Parade Franchise. That's all most of his work fixing new cars damaged in transport from factory to dealers. Some times he repaints body panels or bumpers or whatever he calls it a blend job. Make it look like all new from the factory.

Never take delivery of a new vehicle at night!! All ways go over new vehicle with fine tooth comb.
Sigh... I picked her up at about 5:30 in the evening the end of April. Unless the passenger side is sitting in direct, and I mean direct, sunlight and you're looking at it from about a 45 degree to straight on angle, you can't even tell anything's there. I never would've seen it at that time of day. In fact, I didn't even notice it until a month or two after I had it home.

I'm going on the assumption that it's a dent fix, but anyone have any other idea's as to what it could be? Possible flaw from the factory? I don't expect any dealer to do anything about it honestly. Look at if from their end, here's a guy talking about a blemish 4 months after purchase. I can't prove for a fact it was there when I bought it nor can I prove that I didn't do something to cause it. I know I didn't do anything to cause it, but I can't prove that. No one in their right mind would eat the cost of the repair under those conditions. It's like taking a car that got keyed back and telling them you bought it like that now fix it. Ain't going to happen.

Not that I'm just laying down either. I left a couple messages with the sales rep I did business with. If I don't get a call back from him then I'll go up the chain of command until I can at least talk to someone. Even if they don't fix it, I'd at least like to know what the hell happened. It does sort of make me wonder what else is up with this thing though.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with the dealership. They said, and I don't think anyone's going to be surprised, that the truck had no damage whatsoever when they received it and that the marking had to be a factory flaw. Not sure how that's possible but regardless, I take it back up there Saturday morning. They said they'd have someone from their detail shop take a look at it if I can get up there early. Not sure how much good that's going to do but we shall see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts