Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid my truck off in 4 years instead of 5. I have had a truck payment since I was 17 (i'm 26 now) and WOW does it feel good!! I was looking into getting a full size truck but to be honest I really, really like the idea of not paying $450 a month anymore. I got 48K miles on the truck and it's in pretty good shape so I canceled my full size plans for now.

I know, pretty dumb post but I had to tell someone.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
not a dumb post in the least! That's a big milestone and one I certainly look forward to! Congratulations and stash some of that cash away!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a dumb post in the least! That's a big milestone and one I certainly look forward to! Congratulations and stash some of that cash away!
That is my goal, just pretend I still have the payment and leave it in the bank. I think a Nismo Exhaust is going to be on its way first :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Congrats man, nothing wrong with that. Keep no payment for a while, you have low miles and enjoy the extra 450 a month :p

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Just think of all the mods you can do for $450/month!

Congrats!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not a dumb thread, congrats!!! Now, you need to invest on buying a house since your credit is good and the market is good also. I think this is a best time to save and try to get a house. Modding can come later...
That is the plan, me and my gf are ready but the bigger the down payment, the lower the payment so we are going to save as much as possible for now.
I'm not too into modding my truck. I like to keep it mostly stock for a few reasons. I have the intake and it is going to need an exhaust eventually anyway.
Also, I was in debt 40K four years ago and don't owe anyone a dime today. My credit score was almost 800 last time I checked.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congrats! I know it will be hard, but with 48K on your truck you can save what your payments would have been and put it all towards your full-size truck in the future.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
congrats, I can't wait to pay mine off. 4 years left for me but should be done in 3 years.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
:fantastic::goodjob:congrats dude

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Not a dumb post at all. Someday I will start the very same one. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts