Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two of these on Amazon for $20 / ea. They work great and are very convenient. Now, if only they'd make house door locks like this, I'd only need one key.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Am I correct in assuming, though, that anyone with a Nissan key could open it?
From the Bolt website
Simply insert the truck’s ignition key into the BOLT lock, turn it once and the lock
mechanically and permanently learns the key code.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
I have a Bolt hood lock on my new Jeep Wrangler, it only is operational with the key it's mated to, no others will work. It's pretty clever.

Clint

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
Thanks Dave, definitely cool...

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Have had mine for a few years but haven't found a need for it yet. Probably best for securing stuff in the bed/roof as a moderate theft deterrent (bikes, tool box, etc. ).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Am I correct in assuming, though, that anyone with a Nissan key could open it?
I work for a Nissan dealer and had this problem that some Titan/Frontier/Xterra will work on one pad lock. We got the 2 pads locks for a Frontier and tried other Nissan locks to see if it would work and 4 out 6 keys did work. Called up the company to tell them what was going on, they said that they had a bad batch of tumblers and the lock only has 7 preset cut tumblers that Nissan have and some other Nissan keys can open it. (Sad)

This would sweet if it was available as trailer and hitch set.
They do have them. We got ours from a company called Midstates Distributors in Colorado. they are a wholesale company so you might have to order large amount.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Says it works even for my 1998 and 2004 Frontiers.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
They are awesome. Hitch lock, pad lock , hood lock, ect. Is awesome to just need one key

1 - 19 of 19 Posts