Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it off ebay brand new for 25 bucks and installed it last weekend! I was pretty excited as my stock exhaust manifold was cracked.The install was pretty easy, the hardest part was hooking up the egr crap.

I connected it right up to the stock cat and exhaust. I have to say that there is a noticeable difference in low end tq and high end hp. Im very impressed with the performance gains so far. It makes my truck fun again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
what kind of heads were they?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
good luck with it, I've really seen a pacesetter product last very long

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of heads were they?
im not sure i understand what you are asking.

good luck with it, I've really seen a pacesetter product last very long
I have pacesetter long tubes with the jet hot coating on my trans am, and they have lasted a few years now. With many many track passes, and n2o hits. Ive been pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year model is your truck? I have an 01' and I looked for headers/manifold replacement for my cracked one, and none of them bolt directly to the stock exhaust as you say. They all had a 3 bolt triangle pattern connection, and the stock is a five bolt round connection.

·
Registered
383 Posts
What year model is your truck? I have an 01' and I looked for headers/manifold replacement for my cracked one, and none of them bolt directly to the stock exhaust as you say. They all had a 3 bolt triangle pattern connection, and the stock is a five bolt round connection.
the 5 bolt is from the manifold to the cat. the 3 bolt is from the cat to the down pipe. the pacesetter replaces the stock manifold and the first cat to eliminate the 5 bolt flange all together.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Can you still pass emissions missing the first cat?

·
Registered
117 Posts
So the only thing involved with installation is unbolting the stock manifold and bolting this one up, then doing the egr cap? I need to look into this.
Yup...

It requires a couple beers to get it in
the biggest PITA is the EGR tube...

While you are at it, replace those exhaust gaskets with a copper one... ;)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I catch what you're throwing at me. I have just heard a lot of people paying a lot of money to get these installed. I figured it would be more complicated than that. I will probably look into this at some point in the future since it is this easy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yup, It isn't difficult...

Less swearing than the seat swap!

and it is cheaper than replacing an OEM Exhaust manifold!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I don't really need to replace it yet but I could definitely use the extra power. It looks like the OP got lucky getting one for just $25 unless I am missing something. The cheapest I see on ebay is $186.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought it off ebay brand new for 25 bucks and installed it last weekend!
why can I not find one for my 02 ka frontier..?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought mine from summitracing.com
part # PSM 70-1196
and yes it costs 189$$ on there. so our buddy got it for a steal off of ebay.
great.... its a 4-1 header. I put one of those 4-1 headers on my 240sx and my torque went to sh*t... But my top end improved greatly...
Was not really happy with those results but i dealt with it till i went turbo...

So not sure i wana deal with that on this frontier...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts