Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the code p1441 that keeps coming up. Which by the way is how I found my p328! Anyway i took it to the dealership and they scanned it and told me that I needed to order parts and it would be $378 to repair. I had them order the parts. When the parts came in they called me and told me it would be an additional $400 to drop the tank and install the parts. So I told them where to go! Now I have these parts that I have no idea where they go, the dealership wasn't to helpful anymore!, I have pretty good Idea that they are in the tank but there was also a shutter valve in the box so I don't know if that's all they were dropping the tank for. I pulled up a diagram at 172 Fuel Tank :: Fuel & Engine Control :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Frontier Parts (D22U) 1998-2004 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com but the parts are not listed. I have attached a few pictures. Hopefully someone out there has seen this part before and can tell me what it is and where it goes! The markings on the bottom are 2820N. Thanks, Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My friend you need yourself a Frontier Service Manual. Check google and look for "2002 Factory Service Manual".

I'm wondering what would be easier, pulling the tank or pulling the truck box.

·
Registered
667 Posts
It is easier to pull the bed i my opinion than the tank. I remeber duing the fuel sending unit recalls and we always pulled the bed as it's only 6 bolts and unclip the tail lamp harness. Just get some friends help you and put rags on the bumper where you set the bed at. You might want to go into the nissan parts department and ask them where it goes since they sold it to you and ask what the price is suppose to be because that isn't a 300+ dollar part.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree fronty2wd. The box included that part $?, a shutter valve that needs to be in the filler tube, thats supposedly is not, a wire about 4 feet long with eyelets on both ends and an oring that looks big enough for the top part of gas tank. They would not release the truck until I paid it! Anyone here do not go to Lee's Summit Nissan in Lee's Summit, Mo. Maybe it's my fault for not asking the price first but they should be upfront and honest.. oh and they got me for an additional $170.00 for a battery! I was in Colorado working at the time and the battery was cond out of my wife while i was out of cell service. They convinced her that she had to have it and no other battery would work! I was looking at the bed and you guys are right. It does look easier to pull it versus the tank.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've pulled the bed and the last time I worked on a tank I pulled the tank. Next time I will start pulling the bed again. If you have someone to help and somewhere to put it, it's so much easier and crap doesn't break.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great info guys! I'm not ready to do this yet but as soon as I do I'll let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P1490-1491 Update

Ok guys this is what i needed to fix my problem with this and here is the TSB associated with my trouble codes. The dealership was relentless on NOT giving me this info and info as too what the parts were and where they go! Problem Solved! I will post pictures on this as soon as I can.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts