Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help please. Ive tried the regular method but it didnt work. After 3 tries my truck idles fine but idles high around a 1k in park. I constantly get this code. I heard that i may have to unplug 2 or 3 injectors to get the rpms down then do the ecu reset then dont turn truck on then do idle speed reset. Can anyone give the right procedure?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder if the injector trick would work? Might try it for craps and giggles

·
Registered
58 Posts
Idle speed reset

I made the sin of cleaning out the TB on my sons new to him 06. Yes, I pushed open to butterfly and proceeded to spray cleaner all over and scrub everything till nice and shiny. Started it up and the idle was way off. Tried all the reset "fix's" and nothing worked. Finally gave up and took it to a relatives shop. Took him less than 5min to reset it. Save yourself some head banging, find a small shop and if you have to pay a few bucks it will save you much time and headache. I have heard of some dealers that if you explain what you did and ask politely that have been cool and just reset it for free. It really takes them more time to walk over to the truck than it does to fix it. Worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well funny thing is about a month ago the light stopped coming back. Rpms still the same and the truck runs fine. Im going to leave it like it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you do decide you want to fix it, you'll need a scan tool to have it reset. Had the same issue on my X. You may want to search around, I remember something about key on/off and pressing the accelerator in a sequence? It didn't work for me, but you may have better luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts