Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I used the Custom Google Search here, and found zero results. I am just wondering how many have had this code and was it just the Canister Purge Valve, or does the light stay on even after replacing it? I already checked the gas cap but I did not think that was it anyway as I usually get a different warning message in the odometer. This time Engine light came on driving somewhat normally down the highway. Autozone has the part for $75.99 and it looks easy enough, I just do not want to get caught in the buy another part vortex.

2014 SV 39k miles, all regular maintenance done. Nothing else special about it.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
You can find the updated-style of the canister vent control valve on Ebay in the $32 range.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So for now, disconnecting the battery for a while seemed to have fixed the issue. I had to clean leaves our of the gutters so I just disconnected it while I did that. No more light since then. I read somewhere this can happen if you leave the truck running while refueling, not sure if that is what caused it because I am guilty of that all the time. Hopefully that was the fix for me. It also cleared out old and unwanted radio stations as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts