Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, last night when i was coming home. my 2002 frontier desert runner ses light came on. and today i got the codes pulled. p0455 and p0328. one is knock sensor other is a large emission leak. and i am going to be doing the relocate mod for the ks, to take care of the p0328 code. but i never had to deal with a p0455 code before and would like help in finding out what is cousing it. i have re tighten the gas cap but cant think of what else it could be. and i also will be running 91 octane until i can get the ks relocate done. any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
i have re tighten the gas cap but cant think of what else it could be.
was your gas cap loose?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I've had 0455 set for a couple of years on my '01sc. I figure it's the sending unit O ring leaking.
Look on the driveshaft side of your fuel tank. I've got a stain on mine. I can smell gas vapors w/a full tank on a hot day.

Do a search. There's a couple of threads on 0455 w/different solutions.

·
Registered
919 Posts
P0455 can be gas cap, tank o-ring, vent control valve stuck open, cracked evap canister, a line leaking, vacuum cut solenoid, etc. There are a lot of things it could be. In the rust belt states, vent control valves are very common.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok,i will give them a try. and today when starting up the truck the ses light went off and that was only after 4 cycles. (first was to get code scaned. second leaving there, then to work and then leaving) so should i forget about it until it reappears or still look at leak. and the light came on with 3/4 full but i do normaley put in 3 more clicks after the pump stops.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry to bring this back up. would a bad knock sensor cause a 12.5 mpg city? in a 2002 desert runner? only asking becuase it use to get 16+ mpg city granted i had ac on 2. but the air filter is 5 months old. my tire's psi is 37. i just wondering cuz i buying the the maxima harness this week and then the sensor next but if the knock sensor is making it get that low of mpg i might just buy them sooner.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
When you get the new KS installed, do a ecu reset by leaving your battery disconnected over night. Then have your timing checked... How long has it been sense you changed your fuel filter? How many miles on your truck? If your getting close to 100k, you may want to look into cap, rotor, wires and plugs..... Not to mention your timing belt would be due...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine was the same exact codes. It was the EVAP canister purge valve. Take a look at it, I’m pretty sure it will be covered in dust. You can try cleaning it out with electrical cleaner, but I just replaced mine and cleaned the hose leading to it. Light has been off for about a week now. Gas mileage still sucks balls because I haven’t fixed the knock sensor yet. I don’t think there is a Frontier out there without a bad knock sensor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i have 81K miles on it. i do plan on doing the tune up soon. and passable fuel filter asap becoause i have a feeling that maybe it. and the ses light went out a day after it turned on and hasnt returned. i think it is becuase i overfill the tank alot. and any idea onhow much it would be to check the timing checked?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts