Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 Frontier just starting throwing the P0400 error code - EGR Flow Recirculation Error. I've been having misfire issues until my mechanic finally ended up replacing a failing injector. It's run smoother than ever since I got it since that replacement, but then started the P0400 error. No noticeable problems running, no noticeable issue with mileage so far. The misfire was intermittent, and it took a few trips to get it resolved (one trip for plugs/wires/coils/distributor cap/etc.), the next when it kept happening identified the bad injector.

I drove it as little as I could while it was misfiring on and off, but am not surprised with the new error. I'm thinking there's something a little gummed up now that's starting to show itself in the exhaust gas recirc system. Can anyone offer anything to check first? I can find the google articles, youtube vids, they all list out a dozen things it could be but I was hoping someone could point me to the "more likely" ones first, maybe if they've seen something similar on their truck?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,823 Posts
I'm not sure if the V6 engine also has a BPT valve and a vacuum hose w/orifice inside like the 4 cyl but it's something worth looking into.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts