Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just like the title says, I'm still getting a p0340 code and multiple cylinder misfire code on my 2000 v6 frontier. i just bought the truck, previous owner installed new distributor, wires and plugs. while warmed up in drive and idling, it will dip down to about 500rpm and start getting fairly rough from 800rpm and under, if i add any throttle it quickly smoothes out above idle. Also feels like it's lacking power under 2800 rpm, you can literally feel it starting pulling harder above that rpm almost as if VTEC kicks in lol. any help will be appreciated, I'm trying to warranty a new distributor as this is being posted

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can google the code on the internet for several things to check.
ie: Cam position sensor, intermittent wiring of same, connectors or plugs, etc.
If you have already checked those things, check to see if the 'NEW' secondary wires are factory wires. If they are not, replace them with factory wires. I've seen three instances in the past where sub standard 'NEW' wires have caused weird problems from static emissions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went through everything and wires look fine, checked for continuity also. warrantied the distributor and problem still persists exactly the same as before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to this? Mine is having similar issues, replaced distributor, plugs, wires, crank positions sensor, checked fuel, everything I could think of. One day it just started missing, and shaking. While what ive done relieved the severity, it still shakes and misses from time to time, and it seems the knock sensor corrects it. The CEL is on, and the gas mileage isn't as good as it should be. I have seen many threads related to this, but they never have the solution for some reason.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Some members here do not believe in "Mechanic in a can" but this stuff worked great when I had various cylinder mis-fire codes. Your results may vary but I swear by this stuff that is less than 10 bucks.

Google or search Amazon.....
Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron Gasoline Fuel Injection Cleaner - 300 ml

Made in Germany

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, Ill give it a try, im open to any suggestions at this point. One day it just started missing, and shaking. I have had all of the essentials replaced, read all of the stickies and go to information. Read at least 10 open ended threads from various forums with conditions similar to mine and for the life of me I can't find a solution. I have had the distributor, plugs, wires, crank position sensor, fuel filter, fuel pump, as well as the gas tank replaced. Also timing belt and water pump, and multiple sessions of re-timing just to make sure, its gotten a lot better from the original problem, but its still never been the "same" as prior to the original problem just somewhat tolerable. Still P0304, and P0325 exist and the gas mpg is 11-14 and amazingly the plugs aren't fouled and misses/shaking only happens momentarily a time or 2 a day. Luckily I only drive roughly 5 miles a day, but none the less would love to have it running like stock again. I thought maybe I could get the OP to chime in since my truck is also a 2000 V6 auto. Thanks for your reply Ill go down and pickup a can of your suggestion.

--Miles

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks, Ill give it a try, im open to any suggestions at this point. Thanks for your reply Ill go down and pickup a can of your suggestion.

--Miles
Let us know how it goes. My truck pretty much off the bat started performing better. Just a suggestion to let the fuel tank run down to about where you receive the warning light, pour the Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron Gasoline Fuel Injection Cleaner in the tank then fill the fuel tank with your favorite gasoline.

Look at the reviews on Amazon if needed.

I hope it goes well. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, Ill give it a try and report back with any changes or impressions.

--Miles

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm late to the party, but any luck with this? My 2003 v6 started driving poorly, wouldn't rev and/or would lose power. It had codes P0127 (intake air temp too high) and P0327 (knock sensor).. took the other car to the store the next day, got a new air temp sensor and installed it, but the truck won't start.. now it only shows code P0340, cranks fine but won't start.. I just got a new distributor maybe a month ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Unless it was a genuine Nissan part, I wouldn't be surprised if you recently replaced distributor is the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yup, "new" aftermarket distributor went bad.. but I was able to gather enough evidence that all pointed to the distributor, so my mechanic replaced it again for free under warranty. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts