Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Had the issue with my 2006 Frontier 4.0 CC stalling out while driving. Took it to a shop and they said that the truck was throwing codes for the crank shaft and cam shaft sensors. I replaced the crankshaft and driver's side cam shaft sensor and the problem of the truck stalling persisted. After receiving the cam shaft sensor for the passenger side, I changed it out and the problem was rectified :D

There are plenty of videos of how to change these sensors out on Youtube. The crankshaft sensor was not too bad, probably about a 1.8 on the pain in the *** meter. The driver's side camshaft sensor was probably a 2.8 on the PITA meter. The passenger side was a little more difficult and I had to use a box end wrench because a socket will not fit in the tight space with all the plumbing behind the camshaft cover. The passenger side was about a 3.7 in the PITA meter.

If anyone has the issue, it is not too much of a chore to change these things out. It saved me over $400 bucks at the shop by doing it myself. You have got to love Youtube to help you out.

·
Registered
816 Posts
How much did the shop charge you? I bet you could purchase your own scanner for less than what most shops charge for a diagnosis and save even more. I also had a P0340, but without any stalling, just loss of power6. Glad to hear you did it yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much did the shop charge you? I bet you could purchase your own scanner for less than what most shops charge for a diagnosis and save even more. I also had a P0340, but without any stalling, just loss of power6. Glad to hear you did it yourself.
When I took it to the shop I had no idea what was going wrong, so I figured they could hook it up to the computer and give me a diagnosis. They had a special so the scan cost $59. It would be nice to have my own code reader, that would be a help. Most places like Advance etc. don't scan vehicle codes any longer :(

The shop was going to charge $600 to do the repairs but once I found out what needed to be done I did the repairs myself. The crankshaft sensor was only $25 and the camshaft sensors are the expensive ones. The driver's side sensor was $88 and the Passenger side was $95.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts