Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
In reading the posted replies replies to this tread, I personally thank all of you for contributing to the thread. I have the exact similar problem on my 2004 Frontier XE Crew Cab four wheel drive model with 140,000 miles on the odometer . First I replaced the plugs, and the problem disappeared for 2 days. Then, the Misfire on cylinder #2 re-appeared on day 3, only on the warm re-start, after driving 5 miles of so. Since it was not the plugs, I used Sea-foam and that seemed to cure it again, for 2 days. My longest commute is about 8 miles, and the blinking service engine code would quit after about 2 miles, and the VG33E would run just fine, until I parked it for more than 10 minutes, less than 2 hours. The exact description offered (above) by Mailman is the very same problem I'm experiencing. If the truck sat for hours, however, it would re-start just fine again. I have checked the auto parts store and these Hitachi injectors are way over priced. I've ordered 6 OEM injectors, and just received the exact same Hitachi injectors via an eBay seller for 1/7th the price of the auto parts store same Hitachi, same part numbered fuel injectors.
Thanks for this tip and I will keep you informed of the repair in about a week.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts