Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for quick reply, let me check again. So far, I drove my truck to landfill and the code did not show up. I'm fine tuning or adjusting my high idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, im having the same problems that you had. Did you fix the problem with the p302 code? I did everything, i even changed the intake gasket, and it didn't make any difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Still showing up , my truck shake or vibrate around 45mph when P0302 show up. I have to turn ON the OD to calm it down. The only thing I have not replace is the distributor. I touched some screws by the throttle body, I wish I recorded it. I'll let you know if i fix mine and likewise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the p302 code because a misfire on cylinder #2 I replaced the distribuitor cap for a new one and then, the cylinder #1 and #2 were working but not 3 and 4. I replaced the distribuitor for another one(used) and same thing. 3 and 4. Didn't worked. So went back to the original problem were cylinder # 2 was not firing. I replaced wires, sparkplugs, inyectores, a different throttle body, egr valve. Tps sensor, intake gasket ( that was not easy because one hidden volt). I have a spark and 140 compression in each cylinder. I don't know what else i can do. Any more ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here what I did today, I replaced the compressor, vacuum and charged. During the vacuuming, I put back back my old TPS, I kept playing the 3 adjustment screws on the throttle body, the temperature wax screw, rpm adjust screw and one screw behind it. ( I should have not touched this screws) It says on the hood decal, no adjustment needed. Keep adjusting the distributor. Right now my rpm is around 900 idle. Clear the 302 code with my scan tool. test drive around the neighborhood, So far no shake/vibration over 45mph and no code pop up. I'll test drive more tomorrow over steady speed. I have a new distributor on hand just in case. I replaced a lot like you did. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fantastic. Let me know how it goes please. I will check the distribuitor more deeply. I also will appreciate if you can take some pictures of the hoses that are connected to the thortle body. I think i didn't connected some of the hoses properly. My car is a frontier 1998. 2
4 cylinder. I don't know if that can be my problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ok. There are too many screws and components that can adjust or alter your rpm. I've been playing with. Your distributor can increase or lower your rpm, the tps , idle screw. I'll take a pictures and send it to you. Did you do it yourself when you replace the distributor? I'm very hesitant. I've been watching youtube and too many ways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. I did it by myself. Is not complicated because the distribuitor has a key, so there's only one way yo put it back, and then you move it clockwise and counter-clockwise in order to calibrated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
OK. Thanks. Just straight forward remove and install the distributor, just check your mark. I will see how this truck doing. If i can not fine tune, I might as well put it in. I took some pictures around the throttle vacuum hoses on my cellphone and I don't know how to add it here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have to down load from my cellphone to my computer and will send it to you. I test drive in my neighborhood 45mph speed zone, run at 60mph around 1/4 mile. No vibration at 45 mph up 60 mph. Doing just fine, little hiccup and the ECL came on. It's the P0302 again. I have power to the #2 fuel injector connector, #2 wire, all injector are new, fuel regulator, plugs, wire, cap and rotor. This is my second set of spark plugs. Idle is good, little bit high. I'm planning to replace the #2 wire for experiment. If no change, I will replace the distributor. Pesky P0302.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I have problem downloading the pictures to my computer. Will not recognized my cellphone.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I sent the pictures to your email address, hope you received it. I'm still getting the code. I think I'm not doing it right doing the timing with the light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I didn't get the pictures yet. I had a mechanic that came today. He did the timing without a light. There's a mark in a pulley that needs to be in the middle of 2 lines in another pulley. He used a 27 socket in order to move the pulley and the rotor needs to be pointing the first cylinder according to the cap of the distribuitor. At the end it didn't make any difference. He told me that i have problems with the head gasket. And je is charging a arm and a leg in order to fix it. Honestly im not sure if he is trying to rip me off 😢 😪 ☹

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I readjusted my TPS to .45 vdc, the vertical screw further away 4 1/2 ccw, the diagonal screw about 6ccw turn. Warm up the engine and adjusted my timing to 20 degrees btc, unplug the brown connector on the tps during the process. I got the idle rpm down to 850. I test drove it, I've noticed that If i pressed on the gas hard, I dont feel the vibration but if I press on the gas pedal lightly during accelerating. I feel the vibration. The cel flashes and went off. The truck idle and on drive with brake on is pretty smooth but not on 40 mph speed. I plan on disconnecting the egr solenoid valve and test run. If it didnt help, I will replace the distributor.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The mechanic must be an old schooled. he listen to the engine. He probably can tell you your rpm is at 750.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts