Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, new here. this is my first post, hoping to find some help. I have a 06 with about 243k miles. recently bought. since then had the clutch changed, started getting SES changed the crankshaft sensor went away for maybe a week. got p0300, p0305, and p2a03.. changed the coil in cylinder 5 and reset everything was good for a day or so. then got p0300 again. changed the plugs. when i first started it after the plugs it ran great until it warmed up. running rough again. checked all plugs and coils when i put the new ones in. no oil or fuel. they definitely needed to be changed tho. the p2a03 never came back...any ideas on where to go from here? only getting p0300 now and only once it warms up.

·
Super Moderator
11,710 Posts
hey everyone, new here. this is my first post, hoping to find some help. I have a 06 with about 243k miles. recently bought. since then had the clutch changed, started getting SES changed the crankshaft sensor went away for maybe a week. got p0300, p0305, and p2a03.. changed the coil in cylinder 5 and reset everything was good for a day or so. then got p0300 again. changed the plugs. when i first started it after the plugs it ran great until it warmed up. running rough again. checked all plugs and coils when i put the new ones in. no oil or fuel. they definitely needed to be changed tho. the p2a03 never came back...any ideas on where to go from here? only getting p0300 now and only once it warms up.
Don’t just throw parts at it, everything does fail all at once. Only buy OEM sensors as the store parts are known to fail fairly soon.
Welcome to the forum, hope you get the needed help here soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, all OEM parts so far. I just read the MAF sensor could be causing this and noticed the throttle body was pretty caked up. So, going to clean the air filter, sensor, and throttle body first before I try any other parts. What else would you recommend besides changing parts?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
My '06 threw P0300 for a while until I figured it out. The answer is clogged secondary cats. By now your primary cats are dead or near dead. You may end up needing to change all the cats plus the O2 sensors will need looking at. Many $$$$.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '06 threw P0300 for a while until I figured it out. The answer is clogged secondary cats. By now your primary cats are dead or near dead. You may end up needing to change all the cats plus the O2 sensors will need looking at. Many $$$$.
How did you diagnose that it was the secondary cats? My '05 with 238K miles all of a sudden has lost power, has the flashing service engine light under load, is throwing a P0300.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
How did you diagnose that it was the secondary cats? My '05 with 238K miles all of a sudden has lost power, has the flashing service engine light under load, is throwing a P0300.
Break the exhaust flanges before the secondaries. Run the truck. It will be loud. You will have more pep. If this is the correct diagnosis, change out the secondaries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts