Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday heading home my engine light came. Pulled over a few miles down the road and used scan gauge to check codes. P0171 & P0174. Also high idle. I checked as many hoses as i could today and sprayed flammable aerosol to check for any vacuum leaks. Removed and sprayed maf cleaner on sensor and after it dried reinstalled. Any guesses at what could be the issue? I've researched it and come up with dirty or bad maf sensor, o² sensor, vacuum leak and intake manifold gasket leak. Going home this afternoon it did sound a little bit like a loud injector noise or something. Only had noise when accelerating. Reminds me of 6L ford diesel.

Truck is a 2016 pro4x V6 53,••• miles.

Oh if it matters, it was sub zero last week and I've been letting it warm up a little longer than normal before driving. I can't stand driving cold vehicles, not just because of no cabin heat.

Thanks yall

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add, when i was checking over things, the evap service port, front left side of engine, was a little loose and dried looking oily residue with dirt mixed in was on the green tag. Cleaned off dirt and tightened it down, drove a decent account yesterday and light never came on. Also it's back up to a normal temp outside for OK, 30s-60s if that matters.

·
Super Moderator
3,403 Posts
A dirty or faulty MAS sensor or a bad fuel pump causing low pressure could cause that to happen. Also, check for splits in the rubber intake air duct couplers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts