Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any clue as to what would cause a P0002 code on a 2012 Frontier (6cyl)? No dash lights come on, but I run BlueDriver almost every day and now this is popping up every time. I'm "assuming" fuel pump as there is no regulator? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Bottom line: use a different code reader or scan tool. P0002 is a generic OBD II code for the fuel system but most vehicle manufacturers don't use it..and Nissan doesn't use it, either. Code readers that have a cable that plugs into the OBD II port tend to work a little better or are a little more reliable than some Bluetooth units, for whatever reasons.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Some seem to work better than others. For just reading OBD II powertrain codes, you can get a $25 code reader (the type with cable on them) and they usually work just fine. For something that reads ABS, 4WD and SRS codes and/or has live data reading capabilities, one has to spend a little more. Autel has a lot of good options in a wide range of price options. Personally, I wanted something I can use for my personal use and also for the few vehicles I still work on for other people. It had to be under $500, have live data reading capabilities, work on a variety of vehicles, have a decent screen size (for my aging and slowly deteriorating eye site), be updatable and be able to do idle air volume re-learns/throttle actuator relearns/steering position sensor relearns...etc. I ended up spending $365 for an Autel MaxiCheck MX808 diagnostic tablet and it's worked out great over the last two years!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts