Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, got the dreaded check engine light on my 2000 frontier 4 banger. Code said that it was the upstream Oxygen Sensor. I was able to get the old one out without too much trouble, however, the new one doesn't fit in the old hole. I then realized that the original sensor actually fit into another housing (bolt with both inner and outer threads) and that is what actually bolts into the manifold.

I tried to remove the old sensor from the housing, however it stripped and I can't seem to get the old O2 sensor out of it. I have also checked several online parts stores and they don't show the part that the sensor bolts into.

Does anyone know if this is in fact a standard part that can be replaced at the dealer? Any other advice?

Thanks,
DJ

·
Super Moderator
20,005 Posts
Try spraying some PB Blaster around the sensor before removing it. There is a thread chaser that can be used to clean up the threads after you remove the sensor. The new sensor should have anti seize on the threads so it will thread in easier.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Had the same thing happen on my Q45. The part is cheap and available at the dealership...

Heath

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Cheap and available at the dealership. That works for me.

I tried for a couple hours last night to separate the two. Couldn't make it happen and I know I ruined it anyway. Off to the dealer to get a new one.

Thanks,
DJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts