Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
This weekend we took my 2000 King Cab 4x4 V6 Frontier out on the Oregon Dunes and had a great time, but at one point we were messing around and doing hill climbs in 2WD which meant that the truck was working real hard and at about 4000 RPM for periods of time. I noticed that the temperature gauge was all the way up so we stopped and I popped the hood. The oil temperature light was not on. No steam or smoke came out but the coolant was boiling and we could hear it going into the overflow. After it cooled down we left it in 4WD and took it easy for the rest of the day. We noticed nothing was acting wrong before OR after I pulled over and let it cool down. Is it possible that there could still be some damage or is the temperature gauge pretty sensitive? It was all the way at max when I pulled off.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Is your heat working adequately? => Any chance you have an air bubble in your system?

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
Heat works adaquetly. Not sure about fluids since I just bought it. It is an automatic.
weeellll... adequate heat does not rule out air bubble... as it's new-to-you I'd replace all the fluids. if it hasn't been giving you any issues since you're probably good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts