Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. After 6 years of owning my Nismo I am finally joining in hopes of getting some assistance with my new towing issue I have run into this summer. When towing the same camper I have owned for 4 years for the first time this year my temp guage climbed right up almost into the red after about 10 miles of highway driving. It seems to just barely stay out of the red however never drops below the upper half of my temp guage it just floats in that range but definitely stays hot enough to cut out the a/c. I am not as knowledgeable as many of you but I can say that I had the truck in to the dealer probably 4 years ago for some shifting issues and they did some warranty work on the cooling system because I believe that the tyranny cooler and radiator are tied together if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for any help and happy to be here.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Are all the related fluid levels where they're supposed to be? Did you at least to a visual inspection on the hoses, radiator, etc. to see if there's any leaks or parts that may need replacing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are all the related fluid levels where they're supposed to be? Did you at least to a visual inspection on the hoses, radiator, etc. to see if there's any leaks or parts that may need replacing?
Yes I have checked all of the obvious and easy to access items and replaced the radiator cap. No fluids on the ground other than the typical water from the a/c.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Have you replaced the radiator fluid recently? It's hard to get it full without burping it several times.

The only time I had overheating was right after a radiator drain/refill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you replaced the radiator fluid recently? It's hard to get it full without burping it several times.

The only time I had overheating was right after a radiator drain/refill.
I have not. Matter of fact it's probably been longer than it should have since it's been changed...a few years.

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
I have not. Matter of fact it's probably been longer than it should have since it's been changed...a few years.
I thought that would be part of the visual inspection - actually looking at the radiator fluid and it's condition ::wink::

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
You said you replaced radiator cap - make sure you put pressure cap on reservoir straight cap on radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts