Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier EX 4x4 6 cylinder. w/ 123k miles on it. I just changed the tranny fluid about 1,000 miles ago(pain in the butt). anyway the problem i'm having is when I drive at between 40 and 45 MPH and I take my foot off the accelerator the truck acts like I put the breaks on. If i touch the gas at all it jumps into gear ( i suppose to a lower gear). When it does this it feels like the tranny is going to fall out. There is a big thud like it didn't shift right. but then everything is fine until i get back up to 40-45MPH and do it again. When i turn OD off it doesn't do this. sometimes it jerks into second gear but only if i step on it a little, like pulling out of the driveway fast. is my tranny going to fall out? what do i need to do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the fluid from an auto store. I just told them my make and model and they gave me what it said. I went over a little. Is that going to cause me issues?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
do you still have the bottles? if so, check to make sure it was an acceptable substitute.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
look in the owners manual for the grade needed then check the bottle and see if its listed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts