Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i went wheeling today. was using lower gears and 4 low. after i switched back to 2wd started driving and about 15 minutes into driving my truck got extremely hot and maxed out at 50 mph at 4000 rpm. i pulled over turned the truck off. let it cool down. started it up and evberything seemed to be fine i wasnt sure what had happend. then 2 minutes later same thing got extremely hot in a matter of seconds and would only do 40 mph this time at 4000 rpm. it sounded as if i was in neutral. any ideas? what might have happened..? any help would be appreciated please.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
classic radiator trans mix up. i can pretty much 100% tell you your fluid is low, burnt to piss and most and it is sitting in your radiator. i would not have driven it while it was doing this. towing would be the best option.

you need to not only drain at this point, but you should check your radiator fluid and pull the pan and see how bad the shavings are.
and make your sig smaller. nice pic but its fuggin huge dude.

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe. you said like 40mph??? maybe you were stuck in low still, 4wd light on???????cel???
my bottom guess is highly unlikely. just shooting out ideas.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
can you run out to your truck and check your fluids in both your rad and your trans???
this should give a confirmation.

the only thing i can think that would effect both of them so fast, and pretty much at the same time. what year and how many miles? throw your sig pic back in. it was a bad *** picture. just not so big.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 2008 nismo 30k miles on it. and im gonna re size the pic then put it back up haha. Im gonna go check the fluids here in a sec.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
yeah i wasnt sure which one pushes more pressure. but you need to check your trans fluid. then CLEAN your truck and take it to the dealer. this will be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
...... CLEAN your truck and THEN take it to the dealer, or this probably won't be covered under warranty.
fixed for emphasis.....

Don't give them any reason to deny the warranty. Clean the beast like new and then take it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts