Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I traded my Tundra in on a brand new chevy suburban for the wife and road trips and the like. This left me truckless. You don't realize how much you use a truck bed until you don't have one.

I have always liked the frontiers, my father in law has one, and I'm looking at one.

Specifically, it is a 2002 CCLB SC, dark red, shell, color matched flares, 4wd, overall a sharp looking truck with about 150k on the clock.

So, by way of introduction, I go by fowldarr, I'll be lurking around and using the search engine, maybe asking some questions, I don't own a frontier yet, but may soon.

But since I'm here, anything I should specifically look at on a 16 year old truck with 150k miles?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome to the forum fowldarr, I would look into replacing the timing belt if you cant verify it has been changed. It should be done at 100k. If it breaks it can cause serious internal engine damage. Mine has over 130k and I dont know if it was changed. I am getting ready to do mine real soon. Other than that, these are dependable trucks with minimal problems. This site will tell you all you need to know. Look at the first generation hangout. There is a sticky titled Common problems with first gen frontiers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts