Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
ditch the body lift keep the trucks low center of gravity it works better offroad. but it you need the extra lift for looks you can fit a 35in tire with a 3+3 and some cutting here or there but you will also need to upgrade your steering and do gears.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i would avoid a body lift

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
what do u mean by upgrade my steering and do gears?
33's and bigger start to wreak havoc on the stock frontier steering. all that extra weight wears stuff out prematurely, this is especially true if you are going to be doing any offroading.

also that big of a tire will make you feel like you're driving a 3 cylinder Geo. new gears in the differentials helps you gain back your acceleration and also makes your speedometer more accurate.

A body lift is all personal preference. Really not good for anything other than fitting a bigger tire, exposing a ridiculous amount of your frame, and usually a lot of headaches. If you want to do one, by all means, go for it. after all it is your truck, no one elses.

good luck!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
im not so sure i would go that big of tire. unless you wanna spend a bunch in steering and gears for the front and rear. and why do you want a BL?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that for a solid steering setup and new gears front and rear will cost you as much if not more than a body lift, suspension lift, and new tires... combined.

·
Registered
578 Posts
body lifts look like crap, give you no off road benefit, are a pain in the *** to install, make you truck top heavy, and just strait up suck

·
Registered
63 Posts
B/L looks cool, but I agree with the headaches. I researched forever and decided that the S/L was the way to go. Easy peasy! just installed my rear AAL (yay)

In the end...do what you like, after all it's your truck :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright, im going to get a 3" SL from 4x4 parts, and im also getting rear shackles and then im going to get the fender flares and have a pre runner bumper made local when i get the money, for now im just gettting the lift and shackles and tires. ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts