Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well I just ordered some trail gear sliders

FREE SHIPPING!!! Gonna weld them up myself once they come in.

can't beat $99 for sliders.

I also got the gusset and plate kit for the extra $24. I hope everything goes well.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Cool. When do you think you will have them on?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. When do you think you will have them on?
it depends on how long they take to get here. Once they come in I will pull the truck right into my work and throw it on the lift and begin welding up. It will prob take me an afternoon to figure out where I want them and to tack everything in place. Then the next afternoon I will weld them all up and work on the mounting plates.

I plan to bolt them to the frame using plate on the front and back and 4 bolts going through the plates. There will be four mounting points per side. Should be plenty strong enough.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Nice! I am still very happy with mine except the powder coating lasted about 10 seconds, lol.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
it makes me wonder what kind of tubing they use for 99 bucks

that much DOM is at least double that price alone

prolly weak HREW... eh

they look great but man $99 is fishy

·
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
2,180 Posts
it makes me wonder what kind of tubing they use for 99 bucks

that much DOM is at least double that price alone

prolly weak HREW... eh

they look great but man $99 is fishy
From the Trail-Gear site:

All weld-on rock slider are 100% 1035 DOM tubing (1 3/4" X .120)

Looks like they would normally sell for $150+ but are on sale for $99 (probably overstock)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
hm, most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference tho lol... sometimes i cant haha

idk, they look awesome, anyone taken a real hit with them yet... like one wheel being held up (all of the weight of the truck on it)... like coming down on a rock HARD wise?

the only thing they need to be is about 2 inches longer on either end, looks like itd catch a lot of stuff and wouldnt protect your rocker if you were comming off a ledge... actually it looks like itd get hung up on the lip of the ledge

·
Registered
535 Posts
The guy that helped me weld mine on was really impressed with them and he couldn't believe they were only $99 bucks either. And he had been a welder for about 20 years. Just be careful where you put your non-skid tape. If you do of course. I put some on and kept scraping my legs when I got in and out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
trail gear just called, they want their free shipping back

I also got the gusset and plate kit for the extra $24. I hope everything goes well.

trail gear just called, they want their free shipping back. I had them cancel the order.

I'll have badland bumpers fabricate some. A little more but I won't have to deal with trying to find a welder.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I just tried to order the sliders online with free shipping...I just checked my account and they charges me for the shipping...So i called and they said it was a error on there site and the shipping is approx 40.xx dollars...fyi...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just tried to order the sliders online with free shipping...I just checked my account and they charges me for the shipping...So i called and they said it was a error on there site and the shipping is approx 40.xx dollars...fyi...
Error my ash. Thats called "False Advertising" and just like any other store, if there is a price tag that they screwed up, then they screwed up and have to honor what's printed.

Fight them and bring it up. Tell them you'll spread the word, I bet you'll get free shipping. Get a screen shot of the advertisement too.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah free shpping was a no go. there website was being stupid or some crap.

Still only cost me $60 to ship the sliders and some mounting plates and gussets

Error my ash. Thats called "False Advertising" and just like any other store, if there is a price tag that they screwed up, then they screwed up and have to honor what's printed.

Fight them and bring it up. Tell them you'll spread the word, I bet you'll get free shipping. Get a screen shot of the advertisement too.
there was no advertisement, it just charged $0 for shipping. Also 99% of your website say prices are subject to change without notice and we are not responsible for the contents within or some BS crap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah free shpping was a no go. there website was being stupid or some crap.

Still only cost me $60 to ship the sliders and some mounting plates and gussets

there was no advertisement, it just charged $0 for shipping. Also 99% of your website say prices are subject to change without notice and we are not responsible for the contents within or some BS crap.
How about, "My purchase is subject to change to another company" Hit em with that! lol jk man. Glad you made out, it's a bargain no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about, "My purchase is subject to change to another company" Hit em with that! lol jk man. Glad you made out, it's a bargain no matter how you look at it.
yeah he said 3-5 days and I should have them

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
there is a thread somewhere where a 1st gen guy said they are too long

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts