Nissan Frontier Forum banner

ordered new grille. got some ideas.

10K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Jordo 
#1 · (Edited)
just ordered a new grille from ebay and i have a few ideas. see what yall think.

first a blank grille for your ideas.

second and third my ideas.

See less See more
#3 ·
it does but... to each his own. right? :)

#4 ·
I like the frontier lettering idea. I didn't like that grill the first time I saw it. It does look alot like the hummer/jeep style, but I think with a mesh behind it and frontier lettering going across the front would make it look very nice, I wonder how wide each bar is, if you could use the stock lettering. Letters attached, other than painted on the grill, I think would look best. Good for you trying something new, whatever you go with I wanna see the finished result!

#5 · (Edited)
hope to see it in a few weeks. looking at painting the lettering (dark gray) and i was also thinking about the expanded metal behind. just have to see what happens. cant fully decide on "frontier" or "nissan".

#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I like it alot, personally i would put no words on it just leave it with the phat toothy grin... Please post up the links to e-bay with the black and crome.. verry intrested in your find/idea!

Thanks!

#9 ·
#13 ·
got the grille on

i got the grille in the mail this morning and put it on to see what it would look like. still need to decide what lettering im going with and then paint.

#14 ·
:goodjob: that's not bad, hows the fit and feel of it? looks like it's just a tad off at the bottom corners, I wonder how it'd look with black headlights

#15 ·
top fit is good after i drilled out the mounting holes. but the bottom is still a little loose and needs some work. its off and in the garage with the first lettering coat drying. hope to have it finished tonight. will see how this turns out and i may have my brother print me some different lettering stencil fonts.

#16 · (Edited)
kind of iffy if this is the way i want to go with this grille. still need to get some mesh for the back of it.

#19 ·
not to sure on how i would do that but i did think about leaving the lettering flat black then the rest gloss. could go with some raised lettering???

#23 ·
burger added. thought about it but didnt like it

Attachments

#25 ·
thanks Jordo. you still have yours? holding up well?

#27 ·
How wide are the vertical slats? would the FRONTIER lettering off the tailgate fit?

#28 ·
vertical slats are 1-1/4 & lettering is closer to 1-1/2 (just a guess)

#31 ·
yes they are on the small side only 1 inch.

#32 ·
nice setup jordo.

you a motocrosser? what class do you ride? Ive grown up racing moto, 24 now and still loving every second of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.