Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 3" BL from 4x4parts.com this morning!!:thumbup: Can't wait til that box gets here. Is there anything in particular to watch out for in this kit?? Any speedbumps along the way?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Get at least one or two friends to help you put it on. Also make sure you set aside enough time to get it done so that you aren't rushing yourself. Just take your time and be patient, body lifts can be a pain in the :moon:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I got some help lined up and a buncha good jacks. I already cleaned the garage out so I'm just gonna be on pins and needles til it gets here. Heard of any problems people had with the AC lifts?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Get at least one or two friends to help you put it on. Also make sure you set aside enough time to get it done so that you aren't rushing yourself. Just take your time and be patient, body lifts can be a pain in the :moon:
Sorry, gonna thread jack, just for a second. Hertz, I just noticed your from Lewistown. My mom was from there. Ok thats all. Now back to your regualr scheduled thread! :)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I don't personally have one but I've heard the instructions are kind of crappy. If you have any questions during the install we are always here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a shop install mine along with my AC 3" SL. He said it was the worst BL he has done by far lol. you will have to do some welding aswell on the 4x4 shifter and the bed blocks i believe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That is correct the body lift comes with 4 bed support brackets that need to be welded on the frame.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you will have to do some welding aswell on the 4x4 shifter and the bed blocks i believe.

Yea, I noticed on someone's pics on here, can't remember who. They had their bed blocks welded on. I don't see that being a major issue though. Should be able to zip through that...SHOULD!

·
Registered
99 Posts
keep us posted on the build man

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have done a few BL and never seen anything that needed welded but this 1 could be diffrent
Now...AC said that everything was bolt on, buuuuuutt..everyone knows how that can go!:nana: There is a nice pic on here of someone that had a BL with welded bed blocks on the frame but I can't remember who. It could have been something outside the kit. I'll look for it today.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hey man what lift kit off the sight did you order?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
looking at that kit you dont need to weld but im sure you can.Pay close attention when raising the bed and body to NOT rip any wires out.When I did my last truck everything was fine for months until a ground that had been stretched broke loose and it took me about 2 weeks to find the problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine were welded on, i can post pics if you need me to. i painted everything under there flat black
What manufacturer did you order your BL from?

looking at that kit you dont need to weld but im sure you can.Pay close attention when raising the bed and body to NOT rip any wires out.When I did my last truck everything was fine for months until a ground that had been stretched broke loose and it took me about 2 weeks to find the problem.
Check, Double Check, Triple Check, etc. I will hopefully have some spotters for me when jacking the body up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i just got my performance accesories body lift yesterday and in the instructions it says to weld the bed block perch's. I'm not going to install the lift for another month or so.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Aside from the bed blocks you will have to cut your transfer case and transmission shifters and weld in extensions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aside from the bed blocks you will have to cut your transfer case and transmission shifters and weld in extensions.
Yea thats what I was thinking. The kit has the extenders with it. Seems like everyone has or had different modifications to do with their lifts. I guess I'll just have to see what my kit has in store for me. Regardless, she's going on there...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts