Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new wheels in a 20x8.5, but not sure of what size tire to go with.
I dont want it to look clunky or kill anymore performance with excess weight, nor go too small, and have it lookin like a ghetto kruzer.
Looking towards the Hankook Ventus RH06/07 in a 265/45, 275/45 but hate to spend $$ on the wrong thing.
What do you think?
Any ideas, or suggestions or expierience with this brand and size?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
i ran hankook ventures st in 285 50 20s. you'll thank you self with the added width and sidewall. makes the tire look right in the wheel well and its sticky (for a dd tire on a truck) I pushed my on the back bumper of Zs no issues with my wheels they were 82lbs a corner a little heavy but made up for it in grip IMO both the size you listed are 2 small for a gen 2 as it wont fill the wheel well up.

my old truck

if you want super sticky and corner killing
BFG g-Force T/A™ KDW in 285/55R20/XL

·
Registered
579 Posts
American Racing is always good quality at a good price.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Thats exactly what I got, the black Trench American Racing.
That is a sharp truck!
I.G.,I still think its one of the best looking frontys on here. The Magma wheels just compliment the angles of these trucks perfectly.
Only thing I like better are the Rotas on the black Navara, and thats mainly because of the weight difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got new wheels in a 20x8.5, but not sure of what size tire to go with.
I dont want it to look clunky or kill anymore performance with excess weight, nor go too small, and have it lookin like a ghetto kruzer.
Looking towards the Hankook Ventus RH06/07 in a 265/45, 275/45 but hate to spend $$ on the wrong thing.
What do you think?
Any ideas, or suggestions or expierience with this brand and size?
Thanks!!
I have 285/50r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers with a small lift and i have and inch or so of room when i cut the wheels and they dont look like rubberbands. I think a 275/55 would also fit without any rubbing. I checked and the Ventus 06 comes in the 275/55 and 285/50.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts