Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I have being installed hopefully next weekend.

Mangnaflow Y-pipe dual 2.5'' - single 3''

Dynomax super turbo muffler single 3'' in- dual 2.5'' out

I am not sure if I should have the shop fab up the pipes coming out from the muffler with 2.25'' or 2.50'' piping ?
I assume they will just weld the stock pipe from the cat's to the Y-pipe.

Depending on what size pipe i should get from the muffler, would it be best to have them just make all new pipe from the cat's to the y-pipe?

I hope I do not lose low end Tq but if I do I will just have to deal with it, until I buy a tuner.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
If you are going for torque, keep it in the 2.25-2.5 range while keeping dual pipes, if you go single then 2.5 -3.0 at max.

Personally I would keep it 2.25 dual into a dual in/out and have 2 tips.

If not, do 2.25 into a dual in single 3.0 out and use 1 tip.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If you are going for torque, keep it in the 2.25-2.5 range while keeping dual pipes, if you go single then 2.5 -3.0 at max.

Personally I would keep it 2.25 dual into a dual in/out and have 2 tips.

If not, do 2.25 into a dual in single 3.0 out and use 1 tip.
X2.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
they make adapters that can be welded to the muffler to accept any size pipe. lol, when i was a kid i put a 2.5" flowmaster for a ford bronco II on a crx with 1.75" pipe. my dad did the welding but had no faith in our idea. the car didnt last very long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
that setup is similar to what i did. I had the shop cut out the factory Y and muffler. I left all stock piping. I had them replaced with the magnoflow Y and a dynomax superturbo, single in single out. I was pretty set on the dynomax bc of the clips that i heard on hear. What i did not realize, is i think everyone is putting on the ultraflo and not the super turbo. I could tell an inc in performance, but i am not sure i am sold on the sound. from outside it sounds descent and at WOT it sounds really good. But inside it just sounds a little ricy, but not raspy at all. I guess i can try to get some sound clips for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts