Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Leased my 2015 Nissan Frontier SV from O’Neil Nissan in Warminster, PA. A few weeks after I purchased my truck I noticed one of the clips that held my rubber molding on the rear passenger’s door was broken. I didn’t want to waste 2 days taking my truck to get the part and getting it replaced. So I purchased the part and installed it myself. But I could not ever figure out how it broke,

A few months later I was hand washing my truck and I notice there where specs in my paint on the passenger’s side rear door. I called O’Neil Nissan service and was told to bring the truck in and they will look at it. I brought my truck in and the Head of the Body Chop told me, my truck was damaged when it came in and it was just a scratch and they fixed it, but some dust got into the paint and they would fix it and bring it back after Labor Day. I dropped my truck off and the Body shop did the work in 3 days and I was called to come get my truck. I picked it up at night and didn’t get a good look at the repair. Two days later, I gave the repair a good look over and it was worse!!! I had 2 runs in the clear coat, 1 had marks where the tape line was not blended and I also took notice to the inside of my door and Realized the door Skin has been replaced cause I can feel how the door skin seam was hammered and not machine applied. So now I contact Nissan about this and they contacted the dealer, and so did I. The body shop asked me to bring my truck back in and they now admitted that my door skin was replaced, This is the 3rd time they are working on the door - first time was before I bought it and now 2 more times since I owned it!

So, how much damage was really done to this truck?? Oh by the way this Truck was sold as a NEW Truck with all this damage done to it!!! So now I am leasing a new truck that has more damage to in than some cars on the road for 10 years. I contacted Nissan and they said since it was a Dealership issue and not a manufacturer flaw, I have to take it up with the Dealership!!

SO NEXT TIME YOU BUY A NEW CAR… CHECK IT OVER LIKE A USED ONE, OR END UP LIKE ME WITH A TRUCK THAT HAS MORE PAINT WORK THAN A 10 YEAR OLD CAR!!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I was looking to buy my Frontier I checked out O’Neil Nissan first because there are a few miles from where I work. They really would not move too much on their price. I wound up getting my truck at Faulkner Nissan Jenkintown and I must say it was one of the easiest buying experiences I have ever had. I did walk in with my own financing though. Great price on the truck and a great price on my trade in.

Now I just have to find closer dealer for service after my free year of maintenance is up. I am going to avoid O’Neil now

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update - they had my truck for 2 weeks and I went to pick it up today and more bad news. The paint had a few runs and flaws and now I have a dent on the edge of the door. I went off. They sent out their sales manager and customer relations person and I showed her the damage. She could see it also. She told me they will call me Monday with a resolution. This is going on ther 4th attempt to fix this door. I have had a rental car for 3 of the last six weeks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I get my truck back tomorrow. I sure hope they resolved the paint issues this time. They just don't get it. It is a principle thing. How could you sell someone a truck with previous damage and look them in the eye and say its new.

It's not about the money and never was. They just sent me an email acting like I am complaining cause I was not happy with my Deal...

Quote from email sent -

"I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience to you for this long. The lifetime oil change package is a good value if you are able to drive here for service. If I remember correctly when you initially leased the car, you had some negative equity that we were able to roll over better in a lease than if you had purchased the Certified Pre Owned. Please email or call me if you need anything going forward and I will take care of it for you."

JUST FIX MY F&*^&** TRUCK!!!!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sorry you are having so many issues, hope all gets sorted out. Believe it or not there are good Nissan dealers out there. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well another update, went to pickup my truck and the damage on the door is still there, they did a good job on the paint work. Body shop manager said they cannot fix the dented area cause it is on the edge of the door.

Well here is an idea... REPLACE the door.

I have tried emailing the General Manager and I have also contacted a Lemon Law lawyer. They never disclosed the damage cause I am sure a new Door skin with Body and paint labor was over 3% of the truck MSRP. Which in PA state any NEW car with damage over 3% of its MSRP, needs to be disclosed at purchase... I was never told a thing, cause if they did I would have leased another truck on the lot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FINALLY A RESOLUTION!!!!!

The Dealership received in 2 new 2016 Nissan Frontiers in my color. So they swapped my door with one from the other new truck and added body side moulding to my truck to match the new door. Paint is a perfect match cause it is Factory and I ended up with Protective door moulding for free. Plus Lifetime oil changes on my truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are in my area ... I have a buddy who worked at Peruzzi and was least of all the evils . I did get a good deal with them a few years back . I think they all suck with service , as far as body and used most dealers will report damage work done .
But if someone has the work done at a smaller shop and not reported like most small body shops in Philadelphia then they trade the truck you out of luck un less you really inspect the vehicle and find it your self .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts