Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m Chris and I have a 2010 Xterra Off Road. I knew that your house has a ton of relatable knowledge and since we’re related, I didn’t think you’d mind me jumping in your club!

I come from an Altima background and have spent years over at Nissanclub. My car has 216k and I figured it was time for something new. I debated between the Frontier and Xterra and I found a deal on the X that I couldn’t pass up.
Glad to be here and I can’t wait to explore and absorb your wisdom!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I love Xs. There are a few folks here with 'em (you lucky bastards), so yeah... you're welcome here. Post up a shot or two when you have a chance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Munga! Don't have many shots yet...Hoping for some time to get out of the asphalt area for more natural looking pics...

It's really clean. Minimal rust (Minnesota vehicle) and has more features than I expected. I'd like to give it a small lift, ditch the running boards, remove the mud flaps and maybe some 1.5" spacers. Other than that...lighting. These headlights leave a lot to be desired!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome Chris, nice ride. I agree, the X / Frontier headlamps are pretty much crap but then sadly so have been pretty much all the vehicles I've owned in the last 20 yrs regardless of manufacturer. I miss the old rectangular sealed beam glass halogens, now, that was a headlamp. Yes, I'm old LOL.

I'd recommend the rear axle vent mod as your first project, if it hasn't been done already. It'll cost between about $18.00 and $40.00 depending on how elaborate you wish to go, and take about 30 to 45 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Damn, Chris... that looks real clean. Your list of mods sounds good. I'm with Ryan, too, on the axle vent mod. You also might look into the SMOD (strawberry milkshake of death) bypass. There are a lot of threads here so a quick search will set you right. Enjoy your new truck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have the Offroad Gorilla axle vent kit on my Christmas wish list and will be ordering an Koyo A2807 because I have the ZL11A radiator. It'll be a quick & easy job. So far no signs of SMOD, so I better get to it while I'm still in the green.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Chris, I did the 1.5" spacers on my Pro4 with the stock 16" wheels ( mostly due to finance and I actually think they are one of the nicer OEM wheels out there ) and I do get some rub on the inside front of the wheelarches, which are going to get the meltmod soon. The rear is not rubbing, surprisingly, so I'm assuming I'm running a fair amount of caster or I should be hitting the pinchwelds. The look is real good, theres just a tiny bit of tread visible and the sidewalls have IMHO just the right amount of "poke" to get rid of the "ballerina on toeshoes" look and go straight to "baller on M/Ts look" LOL.
Thinking 255/85r16 Load Range E's next spring when the Michelins are prob finally ready for retirement. Now, thats prob gonna give a bunch of rubbing, given the diameter / height difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man Ryan, that's the perfect amount of tire sticking out! Thanks for the pics - I was going between 1", 1.5" & 2" and it confirms 1.5" is the right size. I agree with the wheels being some of the nicest style. I think Nissan's had a knack for wheel styles. I put SE-R wheels on my Altima because nothing else tickled my fancy. I could see the P4X wheels on my X...That dark grey combo with white would look pretty classy. But I'd probably have to settle for some grey Plastidip for financial reasoning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not. No social media for me. Vehicle and guitar forums are about as social as I can be...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice score! Good mod list.

I really wanted an X over the fronty, but with having a wee dirtbike and other motorcycles (plus no place to store a trailer) the frontier just made more sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts