Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought having new springs will cure my vibration because of the custom work done to my stock leaf pack was causing the vibration ( 30-35mph) because when i installed them, they where super super hard to put back in due to the rearch shortening the hole to hole mounts. Heres some pics. i have some pics to compared my custom and ome lengths and sure enough it was atleast 1 inch short due to rearch main leaf. so the pic is of one side that is short and the other side i lined up so you can tell how short it came compared to OME pack.

OME pack gives truely a 2 inch lift because the leaf pack in the middle is exactly 2 inches. off the truck it had nice arch but instantly looked flat on the truck and that what dissappointed me. im sure it can carry a load and not lose the 2 inches because the arch is not giving the lift but the number of leafs in it. i'd say the heavy duties should of pleased me more. overall the way its built is awsome.. looks super strong but just thought the arch was gonna stay. 1 thing to remember i do have prg shackles and 1.5 inch block. front and back is totallly level. They definitly ride better then i thought. can't wait to try to flex them.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
What shocks are you running? I hear OME springs are stiff when used with bilstein 5100s up front but wonder if that would be the case out back. My thinking of getting these leafs with 5100s all around and fronts on the 2" setting or possibly some TJM coils up front.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No. I am just wanting to know what shocks you are running. I'm thinking of getting OME leafs and want to know if they would ride to stiff with bilsteins. Any insight would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
So you saying new rear shocks will help the arc in the spring?
What shocks are you running? Are they rated for the amount of lift you have in the rear?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a Nismo with the 5100's the 2 inch AAL and 2 inch spacers up front. I the raised the the front 1inch. ITs level but the 5100's are shorter then the 5125's so its a bit stiff all the way around, not to choppy but still!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the fabtech shocks. They are just right for the lift but dtill saving to get some extended bilsteins from greg for the rear. 4-6 inches of lift i believe. The ride is pretty smooth but just the thought of them being flat is kinda harsh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What shocks are you running? I hear OME springs are stiff when used with bilstein 5100s up front but wonder if that would be the case out back. My thinking of getting these leafs with 5100s all around and fronts on the 2" setting or possibly some TJM coils up front.
Hey did you end up going with this combination? Currently Considering the same setup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey did you end up going with this combination? Currently Considering the same setup.
Looks like he was last seen on 2013 on this forum, this is a pretty old thread and you may not get an answer. We've had the Bilstein's paired up with OME springs before, it's a good combo. We also have our complete kits on sale for Black Friday which pair the 5100's with ADO American-made springs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like he was last seen on 2013 on this forum, this is a pretty old thread and you may not get an answer. We've had the Bilstein's paired up with OME springs before, it's a good combo. We also have our complete kits on sale for Black Friday which pair the 5100's with ADO American-made springs.

Thanks for the reply I'll definitely head on the site and check it out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts